10 Dermatological Benefits of Vitamin C for your skin
Do you ever wonder what really makes Vitamin C such a sought-after skincare ingredient?
We are here to tell you that Vitamin C serums really work and adding them to your skincare routine will reap many benefits. It's important to mention that not all Vitamin C serums work the same way and there are is a checklist for success when it comes to shopping for the perfect Vitamin C serum!
Do you have any of the following skincare concerns such as uneven skin tone, rough texture, fine lines, acne scars, dark spots or generally dullness? If you answered YES to any of these, there is a good chance that your recommended skincare plan will include holy grail skincare ingredient - Vitamin C.
So here they are - Vitamin C's 10 dermatological benefits:
1. Antioxidant properties – protects the skin from free radicals, UV damage, and exposure to air pollution.
2. Cellular Support – did you know sunscreen only blocks 55% of free radicals, always layer vitamin c with sunscreen for better protection!
3. Anti-Aging – 15% L-Ascorbic stimulates formation of collagen and elastin
4. Reduce Scaring – helps wound healing
5. Improve Skin Texture
6. Skin Brightening – decreases melanin production and quenches free radicals
7. Reduces the Appearance of Hyperpigmentation - decreases melanin production for a more even complexion
8. Anti-Inflammatory – helps calm the skin
9. Boosts Skin Immunity -strengthening the skin
10. Hydration -supports the skin's long term hydration
Did you know that Vitamin C's effectiveness increases when combined with other antioxidants like Vitamin E? That's one of the many reasons we recommend trying Alumier MD's holy grail product - the EverActive C&E +Peptides.
What makes this award winning, high strength serums stand out from the rest is that it always stays fresh because you only mix the 15% vitamin C into the serum when you're ready to use it. It even won "Best Wrinkle Treatment" in Fashion Canada's Beauty for All Awards.